GDPR in Short
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation by which the European Union intends to strengthen and unify the data protection for individuals. It also addresses export of personal data outside the EU. The primary objectives of the GDPR are to strengthen data protection and data subjects’ control of their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
All companies that collect personal data need to comply with the new rules from 25th May 2018 on.
Exove and Bird & Bird offer a 3-hour training about GDPR. The training provides you with basic information about the data protection regulation and works for example as a company-wide GDPR training. We can also give additional training to specific persons or groups with different roles, to go through role specific matters.
Leave your contact information, if you are interested to find out more about our trainings
Content of the training
I. Welcome, Agenda and Purpose
II. Legal Part: The basics and 10 things that every SME should know about the GDPR
- What is the GDPR?
- Does it apply to me?
- What are the key principles? (Accountability and risk-based approach)
- Is consent dead? Alternatives
- Do I have to worry about the right to be forgotten?
- Documentation, documentation, documentation
- Do you need to nominate a DPO?
- What do I need to do if I am subcontracting?
- What about international data transfers – I am with AWS?
- Beyond the GDPR
III. Technical Part: How do we put this in practice?
- What do you need yo know about your technical systems?
- Plan for preparing to GDPR and mapping the systems – what do to and what not to do?
- Description of the data to be stored and a map of the data flow through systems
– Data lifecycle
– Data handover, clear and unclear cases
- Identifying and implementation of needed changes
- What can you demand from your subcontractors?
- Changes to data protection practices and informing clients and other stakeholders about them
- How to take GDPR into account when implementing new systems and services
- Practical tips and perspective
V. Questions and discussion
Exove and Bird & Bird will deliver the training material to the client, and it can be given to the participants beforehand.
Price per company
1 to 10 participants 3000 €
More than 10 participants 3000 € + 100 €/person (from 10 participants upwards)
More than 50 participants please ask for an offer from us
The prices include both Exove’s and Bird & Bird’s parts. Value added tax will be added to the training prices. The training will be located in client’s premises.